FAQ for tenants
Our offered apartments are mostly “ready to move in only with a suitcase”. This means that they are mostly fully equipped. You’ll find everything you need: Furniture and household appliances, crockery, cutlery as well as bed linen and towels. Further information can be found in the exposé of each apartment. Under the apartment photos you will find further information in tabular form.
In rare cases, you must bring your own towels and/or bed linen. Usually, this is only the case if “ready to move in only with a suitcase” is not stated in the exposé.
In most cases this is not permitted by the landlord. However, if you wish to redesign your apartment, please contact your landlord. In agreement with the landlord, sometimes small changes are possible. However, it is important that the apartment is left in its original condition before you move out.
Pets are rarely allowed. If you would like to take your pet with you, please contact us.
Yes. However, the respective landlord is responsible for that. After each rental period the landlord induces someone to do a final cleaning. Therefore the apartments are in perfect condition. If this is not the case, please directly contact us or your landlord. There is a charge for the final cleaning. This final cleaning fee varies and is always stated in the respective exposé. You can find out more about this topic in the category “Payments” under the question: “When do I have to pay the final cleaning fee?
Yes. For our tenants the apartments are always commission-free.
The apartments that we present to you by telephone, e-mail or on our website are provided by selected landlords or their administrators.
In our exposés you will find the date for what the apartment is ready to move in. In most cases an apartment can be rented for an unlimited period. The minimum rental period is usually three months. Tenants usually have a notice period of one month at the end of the month.
The apartment should always be left swept clean. Usually, however, there is a fee for a final cleaning. The final cleaning fee is used for thorough cleaning. This fee can be set as a fixed rate or by hour (depending on the effort).
In most cases we do not know the internet provider. Please ask the landlord for more information.
You can get the house rules from your landlord. Sometimes the house rules are displayed in the house corridor.
The cancellation of an apartment is usually subject to a notice period of one month to the last day of the month. In exceptional cases, the notice period may be two months. Cancellations are only valid if they are received by the landlord or by us in writing at the end of the month. It is also possible to hand in your cancellation via E-Mail.
On our website you have two possibilities to search for apartments and rent them:
1. If you like an exposé on the website, you will also find an object number there. Above our search mask you will find the field “Inquire after apartment”. Enter the object number here in order to request the desired object. We will check whether the desired apartment is available or not. After that we will contact you in any case. If the apartment is available, you can set a go see appointment with the landlord. If you are satisfied with the apartment and the landlord agrees to move in, we will prepare the corresponding rental agreement, which will be concluded with you and the landlord.
2. Start your search with an inquiry form. Please fill it in online and send it via our website.
Usually this is possible to rent an object without a go see appointment. However, the landlord must agree.
A tenancy comes about with an official rental contract between the tenant and the landlord.
In most cases, we at apartments-b2b draw up the rental contract. It will be drawn up in German. On request, an English translation will be enclosed.
The rental contract is concluded between the landlord and the tenant. We at apartments-b2b are only the agent for furnished apartments.
Every person of legal capacity from the age of 18is allowed to rent an apartment.
No, unfortunately not.
Information on this question can be found in the exposé of the respective apartment. Below the photos you will find information in tabular form. If you are unsure, or if you are missing any information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Usually, visitors are permitted. The landlord should then be informed of the number of guests and their length of stay.
If the rental period is not stated in the exposé, it is usually possible for an indefinite period.
Damages and / or defects should be reported to the landlord or his manager.
In general, there are four different types of rental prices for our offers:
1. In most cases our apartments are offered with a flat rate (p). This flat rate covers all costs. In addition to the rent, the ancillary operating costs and the energy costs, such as water, heating and electricity. In some cases, the Internet is included in the flat rate. Usually, however, this does not include radio licence fees (formerly GEZ).
2. In many cases our apartments are offered with a warm rent (w). This means that the ancillary operating costs as well as the costs for water and heating are included. The electricity costs are added to the warm rent. These can be settled via the landlord or the energy supplier. In some cases the internet is included in the rent. Usually, however, the radio licence fees (formerly GEZ) aren’t included.
3. In rare cases the apartments are offered with a gross cold rent (bk). With the gross cold rent, the ancillary operating costs are included. Energy costs such as water, heating and electricity are also included. In some cases, the Internet is included in that type of rent. Usually, however, the radio licence fees (formerly GEZ) aren’t included.
4. Our apartments are very rarely offered with a cold rent (k). With a cold rent, all ancillary costs are added, such as operating costs and energy costs (water, heating and electricity). Usually, the Internet and radio licence fees (formerly GEZ) are also included.
There are the cleaning and laundry services. Usually, the hourly rate for these services is 29.75 Euros including 19 percent VAT.
The amount of the deposit depends on the rental period and the type of rented property. Two monthly rents are usual. In rare cases the deposit can be three months of rent.
Yes, this final cleaning charge varies and is always stated in the respective exposé. You can find out more about this in the category “Payments” under the question “When do I pay the final cleaning fee?
Go See Appointments
A go see appointment is arranged through us or through the landlord.
Go see appointments never take place in groups, but are guided with the landlord or his manager and the potential tenant. During the go see appointment, the tenant has the opportunity to view the apartment and ask questions. The go see appointments are often carried out by apartments-b2b. In this case they take place during our business hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 18:00 pm).
No. A go see appointment is free of charge in any case.
Move-in / Move-out
The move-in date is specified in the rental contract and is agreed in advance with the landlord.
Keys are always handed over when a tenant moves in and out.
When the tenant moves in, the landlord or his representative, hands over the keys to the tenant.
When moving out, the tenant or, if applicable, the authorised person returns the apartment keys to the landlord.
When the keys are handed over, the apartment is also checked for damage or defects. Especially when moving in, possible questions about the apartment can be discussed with the landlord.
This decision is up to the landlord and should be discussed with him in advance. Documents confirming the tenant’s payment are often requested.
The landlord’s certificate of accommodation will be provided when you move in. It is not possible to get this certificate before moving in.
This depends on the type of apartment. The tenancy contract specifies how many keys will be given. Usually, these are a front door key, an apartment door key and a mailbox key.
The details of the move-out date will be recorded in the rental contract. The apartment must be left by the end of the rental period. The move-out date is usually at 11 am on the last day of the rental period.
At the end of the rental period, the apartment or its equipment must be handed over in a “swept clean” condition. This means, for example, that the garbage should be disposed and the refrigerator should be empty. The apartment should be handed over as it was handed over at the time of moving in. If this is not the case, the landlord can arrange extra costs for a final cleaning.